Pest Control Kent
Pests & phobias
Finding out that you have a vermin problem can be quite a stressful occasion in your life. Especially if that pest happens to be one that you have a phobia for. Many different kinds of pests prove difficult for various people. We are all different, and our fears are distinctive to each one of us.
Trust your instincts
At this trying time in your life, you can act rashly. We at Pest Control Kent would like to urge you to ALWAYS check your workman for the correct credentials. You probably feel that you don’t need to, as, at the time you have rung us, you are expecting us, and there is a Pest Control Kent van parked in your driveway. This does not mean that you shouldn’t still ask for our identification. It probably will be us, and you will have nothing to worry about. But in this day and age, you can never be too careful. Our technicians will never feel irritated with you asking them, as they too understand the times we are living in. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Tricks used by doorstep scam artists (or should we call them PESTS?)
• Charity scammers. Believe it or not charity scammers rake in millions of pounds every year. Do not be taken in. This is a difficult one because many will provide a phony ID card. Trust your natural instincts, they are normally spot on. One trick they use is to ask you to fill out a cheque to their organisation, making it all seem above board. The safest thing to do is to choose your charity and say NO to anyone asking for money at your front door.
• Utility scammers. Never, ever let a man into your house who says he wants to ‘read the meter,’ unless you are 100% sure it’s legit. They are checking out the joint.
• Bogus workman. If someone tells you that they can fix your boiler cheap, and it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Never risk the health of your family. Boilers have been known to catch fire after being fixed by ‘cowboys.’
How to deal with doorstep con artists?
• Keep the chain on. If you are elderly or vulnerable, tell them that you have to go and shut the door, no matter how nice they seem.
• DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. It is natural to react kindly to people calling. Change the way you think. It is unfortunate that we can trust no one in this world, but this is an ever growing reality.
Pest Control Kent is a family run business. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year. Please call us if you need a pest controller or just some friendly advice.
So please be Cautious