Pest Control Kent Bed Bug Guide
Overcoming Bed Bugs in Your Hotel Room
Pest Control Kent
Inspecting Your Room Canterbury Pest Control understands that you are on holiday, and that when you go away, you don’t really want to be thinking about bedbugs. After all, that’s what you have paid the hotel to do. No more stress You’re on holiday to have a break from the stresses of life. Here’s the thing. Your holiday will be a lot nicer a break for YOU, if you have a little bed bug inspection on day one. It is best to have a check BEFORE you unpack
Imperfection If we lived in a perfect world, then all hotel rooms would be perfect. Alas, this world is an imperfect one, where imperfection thrives, so we just have to adapt accordingly. The DO’S & DONT’S from Canterbury Pest Control
- Do bring a small torch to inspect the room. It’s quite a good idea to bring a torch anyway, as you never know when you might need one for a number of things. Canterbury Pest Control would advise you to permanently keep a torch in the glove box.
- Don’t put your bags or suitcases on the bed, unless of course you don’t mind risking bed bugs finding their way into your undies, which in turn will be transferred to your home.
- Do leave your suitcases in the bathroom. Just until you’ve checked the place out.
- Do inspect the mattresses. Remove the sheets and covers and take a look at the whole mattress very carefully, starting from the four corners and then working your way in.
- Do inspect the luggage rack, or wherever it looks as though another person’s luggage or linen has been.
- Do check all the cracks and crevices of both the luggage racks and the bed, including the headboard.
- Make sure you inspect the seams and edgings of the mattress.
- If the room has a blanket box, check inside and out, not forgetting the cracks and crevices.
- DO USE YOUR TORCH.
- Don’t forget to check between the headboard and the wall for bed bugs.
- If you haven’t found any after looking in all the above places, it is unlikely the room has an infestation. All the same, don’t give up checking YET.
- Do check all the furniture in the room, especially any furniture with material, like upholstered chairs.
- Do check any pictures on the walls. No; Kent Pest Control is not being pedantic, we’re being thorough.
- Even check the lamp stands.
- Do check the chest of drawers where you will be leaving your clothes. Another traveller’s clothes have already used them, and could have unknowingly left some bed bugs lurking.
What to do if you find bed bugs in your hotel room? If you do find bed bugs in your room, Kent Pest Control advises you to alert the reception staff and insist that you be moved to another room. (Politely of course.) Don’t let them put you into the room next door, as there is a good chance that room could be infested too. Canterbury Pest Control & safeguarding your home When you go on holiday, bring some black bags to put your dirty linen into, rather than leaving them directly in the dirty linen bin (if one is provided.) Bed bugs are attracted to dirty clothes, so you will not only be making life easier for you, but will be pleasing the next holiday makers that are using the room after you. Also, there is less chance of transferring any bugs to your home. On Arriving Home
- Wash your dirty laundry IMMEDIATELY.
- Vacuum your suitcase thoroughly, inside and out.
- Don’t bring any rubbish back into your home.
- Wipe your shoes down with a damp cloth to eliminate any chance of infestation being brought into the home.
Canterbury Pest Control cover the whole of Kent including Ashford Ramsgate Margate Dover & Deal and all surrounding towns.